Friday, April 16, 2010

Our little girl is ONE!!!

Can't believe how fast this year has flown by. I guess it's true when they say "time flies when you are having fun!" Mia has been such a blessing to Joey and I and we can't imagine our lives without her. She was a little behind in her development (according to me only) until about 3 weeks ago. She was only doing an "army" crawl and was not pulling herself up at all. It was getting closer to her first birthday and all of a sudden she is now...
1. crawling (the right way...when she wants...she still thinks that the army crawl will get her there faster)
2. pulling herself up on EVERYTHING!
3. says "mama" and "dada" and will repeat "book," "dog," and "duck" (when she wants to)
4. is drinking whole milk (no more breast milk...yeah for mommy).
5. likes to eat food from the table better than her baby food.
6. is FINALLY getting two teeth on the bottom!

I think that is about it...for now.

Here are some pictures from Mia's first birthday fiesta. The theme was ladybugs!!

Auntie Lisa, Mia and Great Grandma

Grandpa and Mia.
"I'm soo excited for my birthday party!"

Mia in her cute birthday outfit. Love her expression.

Auntie Jenny, Uncle Mark and Cousin Ava.

Mia is so excited to eat her birthday lunch!

Uncle Joel with two things he loves...beer and Kimi's cookies.



I really like the cake...but I really really like the frosting!



A close up!

Getting ready for the champagne toast! My parent's brought over some champagne for a toast at the exact time that Mia was born. At 6:40pm on April 10 we all toasted to Mia's birthday. Mia even got in on the toast (see picture below)!!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea to do a toast at the time she was born! Hopefully she had water only in her cup? ;-)

    ReplyDelete